SME Workshop in Philippines: "Strengthening a Sustainable Tourism Model for SMEs in Digital Transformation"
The Council is pleased to invite Members' participation in one-day Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) workshop titled "Strengthening a Sustainable Tourism Model for SMEs in Digital Transformation" in Manila, the Philippines. This workshop will be conducted in close collaboration with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI). Moreover, this workshop will cooperate with related departments and agencies such as Department of Tourism (DoT); the United States Agency for International Development (USAID); Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Council; and the Philippines Trade Training Center (PTTC).
This workshop will focus on increasing the Philippines SMEs' competitiveness with focus on achieving sustainable tourism development through the digital transformation. It aims to support the government's goal on national tourism policy. As mentioned in the Tourism National Plan 2017 - 2022, the Philippines has a target to increase international tourist arrivals from 6,62 million in 2017 to 12 million in 2022. To achieve this goal, it need supports from multi-stakeholders, including from U.S. private sectors. The U.S. companies would have a big role to share their knowledge and expertise especially in digital transformation for SMEs, giving an understanding of global tourism trend and implementing ecofriendly tourism model.
Around 150 - 250 SME owners and senior executives in Manila and neighbouring cities are expected to join this workshop. It will also be attended by senior-level dignitaries and government officials from the U.S. Embassy, The Philippines government, and various trade associations such as the Philippines Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Philippines Retailers Associations, and the Young Entrepreneurs Society Philippines.
Invited senior-level dignitaries and government officials:
- The Honorable Sung Kim, U.S. Ambassador to the Philippines
- Ramon M. Lopez, Secretary of Department of Trade and Industry
- Bernadette Romulo-Puyat, Secretary of Department of Tourism
- Zenaida Cuison Maglaya, Undersecretary of Regional Operations Group Department of Trade and Industry
- Benito C. Bengzon, Jr., Undersecretary of Tourism Development Planning Department of Tourism
- Nestor P. Palabyab, Executive Director of the Philippines Trade Training Center
- Amb. Michael W. Michalak, Senior Vice President and Regional Managing Director of US-ABC
- April 22, the deadline for sponsorship invitation
- April 26, deadline to provide workshop materials