SME Workshop in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The council is pleased to invite Members' particpation in a one-day Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) workshop titled "The Potential of Industry 4.0 for Malaysia SMEs" in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This workshop will be conducted in close collaboration with the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) Malaysia, Ministry of Entrepreneurship Development (MED) Malysia, SME Corp Malaysia, Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (Matrade), and local entrepreneur/SMEs association. It aims to further extend U.S. private sectors commitment in supporting the government's National Policy on Industry 4.0 or "Industry4WRD" especially in strengthening SME development agenda. Please find the attached files of the workshop draft agenda or click here.
This workshop will focus on increasing Malaysia SMEs' competitiveness through knowledge sharing sessions from U.S. companies and local partners on topics such as digital transformation for SMEs, inclusive Global Value Chain, going digital to reach new customers, enhance opportunities for local SME to access regional e-commerce markets and access to digital payment system. After the sessions, the workshop will feature company-specific consultation session to allow SMEs interact closely and consult to find solutions of their day-to-day entrepreneurial challenges.
Around 250 SMEs owners and senior executives in Kuala Lumpur and its neigbouring cities are expected to join this workshop. It will also be attended by senior-level dignitaries and government officials from the U.S. Embassy, Malaysian government and various trade associations such as SME Association of Malaysia, Malaysian Association of ASEAN Young Entrepreneurs, National Association of Women Entrepreneurs of Malaysia and Federation of Women Entrepreneur Association Malaysia.
Invited senior-level dignitaries and government officials:
- The Honourable Kamala Lakhdir, U.S. Ambassador to Malaysia
- Datuk Ignatius Darell Leiking MP, Minister of International Trade and Industry
- Mohd. Redzuan Md. Yusof MP, Minister of Entrepreneurship Development
- Noor Azmi Mat Said, Chief Executive Officer SME Corp
- Dato' Wan Latiff Wan Musa, Chief Executive Officer Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation
- Amb. Michael W. Michalak, Senior Vice President & Regional Managing Director of US-ABC
- April 12, deadline for sponsorship invitaion
- April 16, deadline to provide workshop materials