Name: Powertrends 2019
Date: September 3, 2019 - September 4, 2019
Powertrends, the longest running energy exhibition in the Philippines, organized since 1996 by Leverage International, in cooperation with the Department of Energy will be held on September 3-4 2019 at the SMX Convention Center, Metro Manila, Philippines. This two day event themed “The Trends Shaping Renewable Energy” features an international exhibition,a business conference, networking cocktail and technical workshops. These are unique platforms for delivering expertise, bringing theory and practice together as well as offering an amazing opportunity to network with the most important people in the energy industry.
The Philippine energy sector is poised for transformation. There is a fast growing electricity demand resulting from the Build Build Build Program of the President. Along with the other 10 member countries of ASEAN, the Philippines is on track to make solar and other renewables account for 23% of the region’s total primary energy supply by 2025. The Philippine government is working to improve policies and investment framework for clean energy.
In line with these developments, Powertrends provides the platform for bringing together the players in these fields in one big gathering- where energy professionals and practitioners together with policy and law makers will assemble to exchange knowledge and build business relationships.
The international exhibition will showcase the latest in technologies for generating, transmitting, distributing and using power and electricity. It will also feature the latest innovations in electric vehicle, hybrids and others.
In the conference, government officials will engage in open discussions on policy and regulatory issues relating to the industry; industry experts will give updates on developments in gas exploration, geothermal and biomass energy, renewable energy particularly solar and wind sources, energy storage and recent disruptive technologies affecting the next wave of developments in energy production and utilization.
The conference will also discuss the following major challenges and developments in the energy industry as it strives to achieve national energy, self-reliance and sustainability:
- A new and transparent Philippine Conventional Energy Contracting Program (PCECP) that allows local and international exploration companies to develop and utilize indigenous petroleum resources under a service contract with the government.
- The new Philippine Electricity Market Memorandum by the Philippine Electricity Market Operator
- The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Act signed into law last month which institutionalizes energy efficiency and conservation, enhancing the efficient use of energy and granting incentives to energy efficiency and conservation projects in the country.
- LNG as the key to energy sustainability
- Renewed promotion of the geothermal industry
- Resurrection of the nuclear interest.
A “Power Breakfast” is being organized for Heads of the major ministries and agencies of the energy industry and CEOs of sponsoring companies. A cocktail will also provide opportunity for participating companies, government officials, diplomats, heads of business groups, investors, bankers, businessmen and industry expert to network among themselves.