Myanmar SME Workshop
Just prior the Council's 2018 Senior Executives Business Mission to Myanmar on December 11-13, the Council is pleased to invite Members’ participation in a one-day Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) workshop titled “Digital Transformation to Boost SME Competitiveness” in Yangon, Myanmar. This workshop will be conducted in close collaboration with the US ICT Council for Myanmar, Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (UMFCCI), and Max Myanmar. Click here or find attached the workshop draft agenda.
The workshop will focus on increasing Myanmar SME’s competitiveness through knowledge sharing sessions from U.S. companies and local partners on topics such as marketing, digital infrastructure and payment, and highlighting ICT related policy and regulatory approaches which could enhance opportunities for local SMEs to access regional e-commerce market. After the sessions, the workshop will feature company-specific consultation session to allow SMEs interact closely and consult to find solutions of their day-to-day entrepreneurial challenges.
This workshop aims to further extend U.S. private sectors commitment in supporting the government’s SME development agenda as reflected by the 2015 SME Development Policy and Point 2 of the 12-point Economic Policy.
Around 120-150 Yangon and neighboring cities multi-industry SME owners and senior executive are expected to join this workshop. It will also be attended by senior-level dignitaries and government officials from the U.S. Embassy, Myanmar government, and various trade associations.
Invited senior-level dignitaries and government officials:
- The Honorable Scot Marciel, U.S. Ambassador to Myanmar
- H.E. U Soe Win, Minister for Planning and Finance
- H.E. Than Myint, Minister of Commerce
- U Aung Naing Oo, Secretary of Myanmar Investment Commission & Director General of Myanmar Directorate of Investment
- Daw Aye Aye Win, Director General of Small and Medium Enterprises Development
- U Zaw Min Win, President of UMFCCI
- U Zaw Zaw, Chairman of Max Myanmar
- Amb. Michael W. Michalak, Senior Vice President & Regional Managing Director of US-ABC
- November 23, deadline for sponsorship invitation
- November 30, deadline to provide workshop materials